Mayo Medical Laboratories has received a number of questions from laboratories around the country in regards to testing for fungal meningitis. The key message is that your organization should continue to utilize your normal approach for fungal meningitis. For your reference, we have created the graphic below to provide some key points from Mayo Clinic microbiologists.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Instructions for Testing and Specimen Submission
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Fungal Meningitis Webpage
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions For Patients
- Fungal Culture, Routine (FGEN)
- MVista Coccidioides Quantitative Antigen EIA (ZW111, referral test)