Major innovations in health care will be presented next week by several specialists from Mayo Clinic and Mayo Medical Laboratories during the Arab Health Congress, occurring during Arab Health.
Recent Stories for Education
Data-Driven Solutions to Common Preanalytical Issues Part 2: Emergency Department Redraw Turnaround Time and Redraw Rate [Hot Topic]
Blood collection requiring a redraw was higher in the emergency department than in the rest of the hospital. In Part 2 of the series on data-driven solutions to common preanalytical issues, Dr. Block describes the investigation of the problem, identification of potential intervention, and resulting improvement from leadership-supported initiatives.
In 2012, southeastern Minnesota experienced its largest local pertussis outbreak in recent history. In this article, we report the epidemiology and clinical and microbiological characteristics of the pertussis outbreak and examine possible contributing factors.
Other Posts for Education
- Data-Driven Solutions to Common Preanalytical Issues Part 1: Overview [Hot Topic]
- Evaluation of a Prolonged Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT) [Hot Topic]
- Mayo Clinic Symposium at ASH: Presentations Now Available
- Accurate Kidney Stone Analysis [Hot Topic]
- Mycobacteria Part 3: Drug Susceptibility Testing for Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex [Hot Topic]
- Mayo Clinic to Host Three Educational Symposia at AHA Scientific Sessions 2014
- Laboratory Identification of Lupus Anticoagulant: Guidelines and Recommendations [Communiqué]
- Mycobacteria Part 2: Identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex [Hot Topic]
- Mycobacteria Part 1: Stains and Culture [Hot Topic]
- Enterovirus Infection and Its Association with Severe Respiratory Disease [Hot Topic]