In this final Phlebotomy 2016 Conference preview, Mayo Clinic Radiology Technologist Joe Swicklik previews his presentation about utilizing the principles of magic to distract children from the feeling of pain, fear, and anxiety in the medical setting.
Recent Stories for Education
With approximately 50% of the world population seropositive for antibodies to Helicobacter pylori, accurate identification is critical to identify patients who are suffering from gastric ulcers as a result of infection. This presentation reviews the clinical manifestations of H pylori infection, describes proper test utilization for diagnosis of H pylori and summarizes how the decision to discontinue serologic testing for H pylori was reached by Mayo Medical Laboratories.
The Arab Health Conference will be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, January 25–28. Mayo Medical Laboratories will be exhibiting at the event, located in Zabeel Hall 5, Stand Z5D28. Follow along and connect with us throughout the show on Twitter @MayoClinicLabs or Facebook.
Other Posts for Education
- Registration Now Open for Transfuse Conference
- Safe Transition to Surgery: Working Differently to Make the Blood Transfusion Process Safer for Elective Surgery [Hot Topic]
- Helicobacter pylori Infection: Serologic Testing Not Recommended [Communiqué]
- Register Now for Phlebotomy 2016—Restoring the Balance: People. Purpose. Passion.
- LQA Module 2: Laboratory Safety Audit, Document Management System and Ensuring Information Is Managed and Secure
- Benefits of Embryo Culture with Time-Lapse Technology [Hot Topic]
- Infectious Mimics of Inflammatory Bowel Disease [Hot Topic]
- Laboratory Evaluation of Infectious Diarrhea [Hot Topic]
- Platelet Transmission Electron Microscopy and Flow Cytometry [Hot Topic]
- An Interview with Robert Michel