Registration is now open for Mayo Medical Laboratories’ Genetic Testing Forum, Pharmacogenomics. The forum will be held August 11 from 12—1 p.m. Central Time.
Recent Stories for Education
Myeloproliferative Neoplasm: Morphology, Molecular Updates and Cost-Effective Test Utilization [Hot Topic]
Myeloproliferative neoplasm (MPN) is a malignancy of hematopoietic stem cells that is associated with hematopoietic proliferation resulting in peripheral blood cytosis. The diagnosis of MPN must include an integrated approach and combine the clinical findings with laboratory results. In our latest Hot Topic, Dr. He discusses the subclassification of MPNs and the use of JAK2, CALR, and MPL mutational analysis in diagnosis and prognosis.
The role of genetic counselors has changed, expanding from direct patient care into the world of laboratory testing. In this new area, the genetic counselor is a highly trained resource for physicians and can help direct testing and avoid unnecessary expenses. View the presentation to learn more.
Other Posts for Education
- Inherited Cardiomyopathies: Understanding Genetic Causes [Communiqué]
- Myeloid Blast and Maturation Assessment by Flow Cytometry (“MDS Flow”) [Hot Topic]
- Leveraging Genetic Counselors: The Role of Genetic Counselors in Test Utilization Management
- Looking Forward to Leveraging: The Role of the Consumer
- Multi-Gene Panel Testing For Inherited Cardiovascular Disorders [Hot Topic]
- Utilizing the Laboratory Genetic Counselor to Maximize Patient Care
- What to Expect from Leveraging the Laboratory Conference [Video]
- Dengue Virus: A Diagnostic Testing Update [Hot Topic]
- 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting
- 2015 Digestive Disease Week