Registration is now open for the Diagnostic Molecular Pathology conference. The two-day conference will be held from April 13-14 in Rochester, Minnesota.
Recent Stories for Education
HPV and p16 Testing in Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Indication, Interpretation, and Implication [Hot Topic]
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is regarded as a causative agent in the majority of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma cases. For this reason, HPV and p16 testing are used to determine prognosis and treatment strategies for these patients. Dr. Joaquín García describes the various HPV and p16 testing platforms and respective performance characteristics as they relate to clinical management.
The United States is currently experiencing a large, multi-state outbreak of measles linked to an amusement park in California. The outbreak started in December 2014 and has spread to more than a dozen other states. Measles virus is a highly contagious virus and spreads through the air through coughing and sneezing. Measles can be prevented with the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine.
Other Posts for Education
- Bordetella pertussis and Bordetella parapertussis [Hot Topic]
- Register Now for Phlebotomy 2015
- Data-Driven Solutions to Common Preanalytical Issues Part 3: Leaking Urine Containers [Hot Topic]
- Mayo Clinic Experts to Speak at Arab Health
- Data-Driven Solutions to Common Preanalytical Issues Part 2: Emergency Department Redraw Turnaround Time and Redraw Rate [Hot Topic]
- Pertussis Outbreak, Southeastern Minnesota, 2012 [Communiqué]
- Data-Driven Solutions to Common Preanalytical Issues Part 1: Overview [Hot Topic]
- Evaluation of a Prolonged Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT) [Hot Topic]
- Mayo Clinic Symposium at ASH: Presentations Now Available
- Accurate Kidney Stone Analysis [Hot Topic]