Learn what’s new, view our featured GI testing resources, and if you’re attending, visit us at booth #3425.
Recent Stories for Education
Update on Nephrolithiasis Part 2: Risk for Recurrent Stones and Search for Rare Causes of Kidney Stones [Hot Topic]
Recurrent kidney stones pose diagnostic and treatment challenges. In Part 2 of our Hot Topic series, we focus on both recurrent stones, as well as rare causes of kidney stones.
Serum thyroglobulin concentrations are used to monitor patients with differentiated thyroid cancer, but may be misleading in the presence of antithyroglobulin autoantibodies and heterophile antibodies. Mayo Medical Laboratories has developed an assay to address this issue by testing first for the presence of thyroglobulin antibodies by immunoassay and, in antibody-positive specimens.
Other Posts for Education
- Update on Nephrolithiasis Part 1: Pathogenic Factors and Treatment [Hot Topic]
- Phlebotomy 2015 Conference [Summary]
- Platelet Function Tests: Precision and Reliability in Healthy Volunteers and Donors on Daily Antiplatelet Agent Therapy [Hot Topic]
- Advancements in Thyroglobulin Quantitation in the Presence of Anti-thyroglobulin Antibodies [Hot Topic]
- Seattle Children’s PLUGS Summit 2015: Ending Patient Harm & Financial Waste Associated with Mis-Ordering of Laboratory Tests
- The Importance of a Genetics Evaluation for Patients in Need of Genetic Testing
- 2015 ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting [Events]
- Phlebotomy Top Gun: Drawing Blood from a Patient Receiving Intravenous Fluids [Hot Topic]
- The Challenges of Testing For and Diagnosing Porphyrias [Communiqué]
- Register Now for Diagnostic Molecular Pathology Conference