The Star Tribune recaps the 21st Century Cures Roundtable on Personalized Medicine, featuring Franklin Cockerill, M.D., Chair of the Mayo Clinic Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology. Read this post for a summary of the discussion and key points from Dr. Cockerill on his views on personalized medicine.
Recent Stories for News
On Wednesday morning, Frank Cockerill, M.D., participated in a roundtable discussion hosted by the U.S. House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee. Throughout Dr. Cockerill’s remarks, he emphasized the importance of providing proper government funding for research and regulatory bodies, harmonizing regulations, emphasizing clinical validation, ensuring patient safety, and encouraging innovation.
In addition to numerous presentations and abstracts at the upcoming 2014 AACC Annual Meeting and Clinical Lab Expo in Chicago, Mayo Medical Laboratories representatives will also be available at booth #3857 in the exhibit hall to discuss these latest offerings in clinical chemistry.
Other Posts for News
- AACC Blog
- Safe Specimen Shipping
- CDC Announces First Chikungunya Case Acquired in United States
- Using Quality Assurance to Improve Outreach Patient Experience
- Mayo Clinic Earns No. 1 Rank on U.S. News & World Report’s Honor Roll
- Four Tricks to Save Yourself from Ticks [Video]
- Clinical Utilization of Genomics Data
- Specimen Shipment Alert — Independence Day
- CAP TODAY: Urine Testing
- The Right and Wrong Way to Apply Bug Spray