Due to the Labor Day holiday, observed Monday, Sept. 5, in the U.S., Mayo Medical Laboratories’ specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround time are not affected, plan ahead and note that no pickups or deliveries will be made on Sept. 5 by our couriers or FedEx.
Recent Stories for News
According to a recent KTTC news story, Soldiers Field Pool in Rochester, Minn.; the Aquatic Center in Kasson; and the River Springs Water Park in Owatonna were all closed on Aug. 18 due to possible contamination of the microscopic parasite, “Cryptosporidium,” often referred to as “Crypto.” Bobbi Pritt, M.D., Director of the Clinical Parasitology Laboratory at Mayo Clinic, and expert on parasites, discusses the parasite.
Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. In the past decade, new blood donor numbers are down nearly a third. Because of this—for the first time—Mayo Clinic is joining the International Missing Type Campaign, aimed to bring awareness to the need. Justin Kreuter, M.D., Medical Director of the Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Center in Rochester, Minnesota, discusses the #MissingType campaign with the local news team at KAAL (ABC Channel 6).
Other Posts for News
- Mayo Clinic Expert Explains 10 Things You Should Know about Antibiotic Resistance
- Are YOU the Missing Type?
- Mayo Clinic Ranked No. 1 Hospital Nationwide by “U.S. News & World Report”
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Tick Bite Linked to Meat Allergy
- New Plasma Ceramides Blood Test Assesses Heart Attack Risk
- #2016AACC Blog
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Keep Your Eyes on Fireworks Safety
- Justin Kreuter, M.D., Discusses the Need for Blood Donations
- Everolimus R-CHOP Combination Safe for Treating Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Independence Day Specimen Shipment Alert