Top highlights this week include: Blood test for breast cancer, brain scans, “Donate Life” Day, iPhone app “Better” and Mayo Clinic mobile exhibit.
Recent Stories for News
The February issue of Transfusion Journal, features James Stubbs’, M.D., Chair of the Mayo Clinic Division of Transfusion Medicine, article, “Wrapping our arms around the cost of transfusion therapy.”
Measuring frataxin concentration in whole blood and in dried blood spots is applicable to the diagnosis, population and newborn screening, and therapeutic monitoring of Friedreich ataxia. Early diagnosis appears promising to reduce and prevent morbidity and mortality.
Other Posts for News
- Week In Review — April 11
- Harmonization of prostate-specific antigen immunoassays important for patient care
- Serum thyroglobulin testing using SISCAPA technology now available
- Week In Review — April 4
- Hyaline Filamentous Fungi Part 2: Unusual Zygomycetes [Hot Topic]
- March Madness and Mayo Clinic’s laboratory geniuses
- Week In Review — March 28
- Week In Review — March 21
- Week In Review — March 14
- Emergent Use of Group A Thawed Plasma [Hot Topic]