The summer’s no vacation for blood banks, and this one has been especially hard: Just after the fourth of July, the American Red Cross issued an emergency call for blood and platelet donations. Justin Kreuter, M.D., Medical Director of the Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Center in Rochester, Minnesota, discussed the need for blood donation and what you need to know before donating blood in a recent article in Health.
Recent Stories for People
Robin Patel, M.D., Chair of the Division of Clinical Microbiology and a Consultant in the Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Laboratories at Mayo Clinic, received a Supplements to Advance Research (STAR) award from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. The STAR awards program provides additional support for early-career-stage investigators.
Rebecca Boddicker, Ph.D., Hematopathology Research Associate, was recently awarded the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Abstract Achievement Award for her abstract entitled, “Integrated Mate-Pair and RNA Sequencing Identifies Novel, Targetable Gene Fusions in Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma.” Dr. Boddicker presented the abstract at the ASH meeting on lymphoma biology in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Other Posts for People
- Mayo Researchers’ Study Featured in American Society of Nephrology Publication
- 60 Pints and Counting . . . A Lifetime of Blood Donation
- Bobbi Pritt, M.D., Featured on Mayo Clinic Radio to Discuss Tick-Related Meat Allergy
- Bobbi Pritt, M.D., Discusses Rise in Tick-Related Meat Allergy
- Bobbi Pritt, M.D., Weighs in on What You Really Need to Know about Brain-Eating Amoebas
- Mayo’s Own Ninja Warrior, Andrew Yori, Moves Ahead in Competition
- Tick Removal Do’s and Don’ts from Bobbi Pritt, M.D.
- Donating Blood: A Family Affair
- Mayo Clinic Neuropathologist Awarded International Professional Society’s Highest Honor
- Bobbi Pritt, M.D., Celebrates 400th Parasite Case of the Week