Around this time 50 years ago, workers were busy adding eight floors to the Mayo Building in a major construction project that had begun earlier that year.
Recent Stories for People
Remembering William Eugene Mayberry, M.D., Former Mayo Clinic CEO and Chair of the Department of Laboratory Medicine
William Eugene Mayberry, M.D., a distinguished Mayo Clinic physician, research scientist, and administrator, passed away on Sept. 18 in Rochester, Minnesota. He was 87.
The Sept. 10 broadcast of Mayo Clinic Radio features Justin Kreuter, M.D., Medical Director of the Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Center in Rochester, Minnesota, discussing the urgent need for blood donation.
Other Posts for People
- Investor’s Business Daily Shares How Mayo History Provides Lessons for Investors #ThrowbackThursday
- Infectious Disease Experts Discuss What’s Needed to Predict the Next Outbreak
- Andrew Yori Reflects on Ninja Warrior Experience
- 1991: Landscaping for All Climates #ThrowbackThursday
- Rochester Tornado Aug. 21, 1883 #ThrowbackThursday
- Nov. 1950: Sorry, Margaret—Boom Nears End #ThrowbackThursday
- From Blood Recipient to Forever Donor
- Bobbi Pritt, M.D., Discusses Possible Contamination of Microscopic Parasite in Local Pools
- Dec. 1979: Yes. There Was Life before PowerPoint. #ThrowbackThursday
- Justin Kreuter, M.D., Discusses #MissingType Campaign