In a recent interview with “GenomeWeb,” Robin Patel, M.D., Director of the Infectious Diseases Research Laboratory at Mayo Clinic, described a metagenomic sequencing approach her lab is testing to identify potential infections in patients whose joint replacements fail.
Recent Stories for People
At a memorial service held on Oct. 18 at the chapel within the Mayo Clinic Hospital—Rochester, Saint Marys Campus, family, friends, and visitors gathered to honor, celebrate, and share recollections of Sister Generose Gervais, who they described as having lived a life of faith, justice, respect, hospitality, stewardship, and candor.
Mayo Clinic genetic counselors recently published a book, “Practical Genetic Counseling for the Laboratory,” described as an essential manual for the future of genetic counseling.
Other Posts for People
- Dark Daily Highlights Mary Bonnerup, Winner of 2016 National Lab Sales Excellence Award for Specialty Testing
- Mayo Clinic Residents Acknowledged at ASCP Annual Meeting
- Mayo Laboratory Inquiry Celebrates National Customer Service Week
- Plummer’s Political Past #ThrowbackThursday
- Mayo Clinic Consultant Awarded 2016 Most Read Paper in Seminars of Hemostasis and Thrombosis
- Moving Patient Elevator to Provide Better Service #ThrowbackThursday
- Jason Yuhas Reappointed to Cytogenetics Committee Chair for ASCP BOC
- Giving Back through Blood Donation
- Mayo Building Grows to Meet Patient Needs #ThrowbackThursday
- Remembering William Eugene Mayberry, M.D., Former Mayo Clinic CEO and Chair of the Department of Laboratory Medicine