The following list of updates were posted to MayoMedicalLaboratories.com during the month of July 2016.
Recent Stories for Testing
In July 2016, Mayo Medical Laboratories announced two brand new tests along with numerous reference value changes, obsolete tests, and algorithm changes.
Mayo Clinic Launches First-in-U.S. Blood Test that Assesses Risk of Heart Attack Using Plasma Ceramides
Mayo Clinic has launched a new type of blood test that will be used to predict adverse cardiovascular events in patients with progressing coronary artery disease (CAD). The test measures blood concentrations of plasma ceramides, a class of lipids that are highly linked to cardiovascular disease processes. Researchers say this test is especially useful for patients with CAD when it does not improve with treatment or for young patients with premature CAD.
Other Posts for Testing
- New Plasma Ceramides Blood Test Assesses Heart Attack Risk
- Ceramides, Plasma [A Test in Focus]
- CPT Code and LOINC Updates: June 2016
- New Tests Launched in June 2016
- New Tests Launched in May 2016
- CPT Code and LOINC Updates: May 2016
- 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting
- Evaluation of Potential Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma Cases [Algorithm]
- G6PD Genotyping Algorithm for Therapeutic Drug Recommendations [Algorithm]
- Platelet Antibody Testing [Algorithm]