Plasma ceramides are predictors of adverse cardiovascular events resulting from unstable atherosclerotic plaque. Three specific ceramides have been identified as highly linked to cardiovascular disease and insulin resistance: Cer16:0, Cer18:0, and Cer24:1. Jeff Meeusen, Ph.D., provides a video overview of this new test.
Recent Stories for Testing
The following list of updates were posted to MayoMedicalLaboratories.com during the month of June 2016.
Other Posts for Testing
- New Tests Launched in May 2016
- CPT Code and LOINC Updates: May 2016
- 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting
- Evaluation of Potential Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma Cases [Algorithm]
- G6PD Genotyping Algorithm for Therapeutic Drug Recommendations [Algorithm]
- Platelet Antibody Testing [Algorithm]
- CPT Code and LOINC Updates: April 2016
- Erythrocytosis Evaluation Testing [Algorithm]
- Chromosomal Microarray, Prenatal, Amniotic Fluid/Chorionic Villus Sampling [A Test in Focus]
- CPT Code and LOINC Code Updates: March 2016