Sign up today for Mayo Medical Laboratories' Phlebotomy 2013 conference. Full event details and registration information is below.
Phlebotomy 2013: Advancing the Profession and Practice of Phlebotomy
October 3-4, 2013
Kahler Grand Hotel
This two day conference will enhance your comprehension of issues in phlebotomy by providing ideas for creating a respectful and safe work environment, obtaining quality blood collections from venous lines, bridging the generation gap at work, and hearing first-hand experiences working with central versus regionalized phlebotomy teams.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to learn about difficult sticks, stress management, trends in lead screening in children, and changing team behaviors using positive reinforcement. There will be time to discuss difficult cases in phlebotomy, and during a panel discussion, you will have the chance to ask questions of representatives from various groups including quality, education, inpatient and outpatient supervisors, and human resources.
The conference format balances topics of general interest, which are presented in large group sessions, with specific breakout sessions geared towards phlebotomists, phlebotomy educators, and management staff.
Upon completion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe steps to create a respectful work environment
- Evaluate different processes and use of resources to complete collections efficiently in a hospital setting
- Compare and contrast ways to reinforce desired behavior
- Define lead screening indications in children
- Solve difficult cases in phlebotomy
- Examine new ways of managing stress
- Identify techniques that can reduce the level of difficulty during a phlebotomy draw
- Choose appropriate equipment to provide the highest quality specimens for testing
- Summarize strategies to increase effective communication among generations
This conference is designed for phlebotomists, phlebotomy managers, phlebotomy educators, and other patient care staff involved in specimen collection.
Attendance at this Mayo conference does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures that may be discussed or taught in this course.
Follow #2013Phleb on Twitter of visit our Facebook page for the latest event updates.