The 15th Bleeding and Thrombosing Diseases Conference, presented by Mayo Clinic's Divisions of Hematology and Hematopathology, as well as Mayo Medical Laboratories, will be held Aug. 7-9. This Mayo Clinic conference, held at the Kahler Grand Hotel in Rochester, Minn., will provide reviews and updates about laboratory and clinical aspects of bleeding and thrombosing disorders. Didactic presentations will be supplemented with panel discussions and case presentations.
Upon completion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe recommended clinical and laboratory evaluation for von Willebrand disease (VWD)
- Assess common acquired disorders of plasmatic hemostasis that lead to bleeding or thrombosis
- Recognize features of hereditary platelet disorders
- Evaluate antibody-mediated prothrombotic disorders such as heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, or lupus anticoagulant and antiphospholipid syndrome
- Summarize clinical features and laboratory evaluation of congenital and acquired bleeding disorders
- Discuss updates in venous thromboembolism and features of newer anticoagulant drugs
Be sure to follow #2013BTConf on Twitter, or visit the Facebook event page for the latest conference news.