Mayo Medical Laboratories' Utilization Management 2013 Conference is now open for registration. This one-day conference will be held Oct. 8 at The Loews Atlanta Hotel in Atlanta, Ga.
In this time of decreasing reimbursement and demand for standardization across health care practices, the laboratory can play an essential leadership role in directing cost-effective and appropriate lab testing to ensure the continued delivery of high-quality care to the patient and prevent commoditization of the laboratory.
The speakers at this course possess firsthand knowledge in developing and implementing laboratory test utilization management solutions in diverse practice settings. Following this conference, attendees will have clear insight on how to begin or advance utilization management efforts in their own laboratories.
Upon completion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Determine how the clinician, laboratory and pathologist can work together to build a utilization control program
- Identify tools and strategies that may be useful in both evaluating and controlling test utilization
- Analyze the causes behind inappropriate utilization of laboratory tests
- Recognize the value of utilization management to both in-patient and out-patient populations
- Communicate the value of utilization management as an outreach program offering with key stakeholders
- Develop and implement utilization support and processes for outreach clients