Physicians, scientists, genetic counselors, and allied health staff from Mayo Clinic and Mayo Medical Laboratories are currently attending the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting in Salt Lake City.
- CARDIAC DISORDERS: 8 new NGS panels identify inherited variants across genes associated with cardiac disorders
- CHROMOSOMAL MICROARRAY: Prenatal and postnatal testing services
- BIOCHEMICAL GENETICS: Improved screening approaches
- BILLING SERVICE UPDATE: Prior authorization and patient financial services available
- GENETIC TESTING FORUM SERIES: Return of Results and Incidental Findings - April 14, 2015
Next-generation sequencing (NGS) has emerged as an accurate, cost-effective method to identify inherited variants across numerous genes known to be associated cardiac disorders. Our targeted cardiovascular NGS panels include evaluations for:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (26 genes)
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy (30 genes)
- Comprehensive Cardiomyopathy (55 genes)
- Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy (9 genes)
- Marfan Syndrome & Related Disorders (13 genes)
- Noonan Syndrome & Related Disorders (11 genes)
- Long QT Syndrome (13 genes)
- Brugada Syndrome (9 genes)
- Overview and comparison genes included in each panel [PDF Chart]
- Marfan Syndrome and Related Disorders Multi-Gene Panel [Test Sheet]
Mayo Clinic Cytogenetic Laboratory is pleased to announce the release of an Oligonucleotide + Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) chromosomal microarray for prenatal diagnosis. This assay will be performed on either chorionic villi or amniotic fluid specimens for the diagnosis of unbalanced chromosome rearrangements and aneuploidy.
- Chromosomal Microarray for Prenatal Diagnosis [Q&A]
- Chromosomal Microarray Copy Number + SNP [Q&A]
- Chromosomal Microarray, Prenatal, Amniotic Fluid /
Chorionic Villus Sampling [Test Catalog]
- Chromosomal Microarray, Congenital, Blood [Test Catalog]
BIOCHEMICAL GENETICS: FEATURED BIOMARKER TESTS
Benefits of Biomarker Testing
- Requires minimal specimen, and in some cases, requires only a dried blood spot
- Cost-effective and time saving
- May be used as a proxy for, or adjunct to, traditional enzymatic analysis
Featured Biomarker Tests
- Featured Biomarker Tests [Informational PDF]
- Test Catalog:
- Bile Acids
- Ceramide Trihexoside/Sulfatides (Fabry disease, MLD, MSD, SAP-B deficiency)
- Frataxin (Friedrich Ataxia)
- Glucopsychosine (Gaucher Disease)
- Hyperoxaluria Panel (Hyperoxaluria)
- Lysosomal Acid Lipase: Blood Spot | Blood
- Oxysterols (Niemann-Pick Disease)
- Polyols (Transaldolase Deficiency)
- Psychosine (Krabbe disease)
BILLING SERVICES UPDATE
On behalf of our clients, Mayo Medical Laboratories will seek insurance authorization for eligible tests and file an insurance claim upon final result.
Prior authorization services are available for a select number of tests. On completion of prior authorization services, Mayo Medical Laboratories will bill the insurance carrier and accept the amount of coverage assigned.
In some cases, your patient may be responsible for paying charges for services deemed not medically necessary by the insurance carrier.
GENETIC TESTING FORUM SERIES
Mayo Medical Laboratories Genetic Testing Forums are a series of interactive conference calls designed to provide you an opportunity to discuss and overcome the challenges you face in outreach development.
The programs are conducted through Level 3 Communications technology and will be tailored based on pre-submitted participant questions, which may be submitted with registration, or any time prior to the date of the program.
- Return of Results and Incidental Findings, Experience from the Mayo Clinic Biobank | April 14, 2015
- Genetics and Individualized Medicine | Archived and available for streaming
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Genetic Testing: Challenging Cases | Archived and available for streaming