Independence Day, observed on Saturday, July 4, is a U.S. national holiday. Due to the holiday, Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turn-around time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- FedEx will be closed on Saturday, July 4, which means that any shipment tendered on Friday, July 3 will not be delivered until Sunday night, July 5 or Monday, July 6. Where ever possible, we have converted “Friday FedEx routes” to Delta Airlines; by doing this we will be able to provide service to 47 percent of our Friday routes. The remainder will have no courier service on Friday, July 3.
- Due to specimen stability issues, we suggest not sending any samples by FedEx on Friday, July 3.
- No Mayo Couriers will make pickups on Saturday, July 4.
- Mayo Couriers who routinely make pickups on Sunday, July 5 will run as normal.
- Only ground and commercial routes will send samples to Jacksonville, FL on Friday, July 3. Sunday routes to Jacksonville will run as scheduled.
- Normal pickups and deliveries will resume Monday afternoon, July 6.