Due to the Labor Day holiday, observed Monday, Sept. 7 in the United States, Mayo Medical Laboratories' specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turn-around time are not affected, plan ahead and note:
- There will be no courier or FedEx pickups or deliveries on Monday, Sept. 7.
- Due to specimen stability issues (thawed specimens), couriers who intend to ship specimens via FedEx on Saturday, Sept. 5 have been instructed to please ask clients to hold their frozen samples until Tuesday, Sept. 8. If a client insists that ‘frozens’ be sent, the courier will fill the styro completely with ice.
- FedEx shipments tendered on Friday, Sept. 4 will be delivered Saturday, Sept. 5. FedEx shipments tendered on Saturday, Sept. 5 are scheduled to arrive Sunday evening, Sept. 6, although FedEx does not guarantee this delivery. If a box is not part of this Sunday PM delivery, it will instead be delivered Tuesday morning, Sept. 8.
- Mayo Couriers who routinely make pickups on Saturday and Sunday, and utilize commercial airlines, will run as normal.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville (JAX) on Saturday, Sept. 5 by FedEx, will instead send ambient and refrigerate samples to Rochester. Samples sent to JAX on Saturday, Sept. 5 by commercial airlines will ship as normal. Samples normally sent to JAX on Sunday, Sept. 6 will instead be sent to MSP by Delta airlines.
- Normal pickups and deliveries will resume Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 8.