Mayo Medical Laboratories has launched a new educational opportunity for those interested in creating and maintaining a Laboratory Quality System. The program will consist of interactive modules that provide an overview of quality as it applies to a laboratory setting, including a review of the Quality System Essentials (QSE’s). This program employs a case-based practical application approach to allow users to implement a quality program in their own laboratory or practice.
Module 1 provides an overview of a Quality Management System (QMS) and briefly describes the components of each QSE. It also provides the viewer with an opportunity to determine if his or her laboratory has addressed and documented the core components of each of the QSEs. The Quality Management System described in this module is based on the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) guidance document: QMS01-A4.
- Recognize the value of a QMS
- Identify components of each QSE
- Determine the current strengths and limitations of your organization's QMS
- Laboratory directors
- Laboratory management staff
- Individuals interested in quality management topics
The following types of credit are offered for our Laboratory Quality Academy programs:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Category 1 CME Self-Assessment Credit
- ASCLS P.A.C.E.®
- State of California
State of Florida
To obtain credit:
- Take the pretest (link included toward the beginning of the learning module). You will be prompted to sign in. Once complete, click back into the learning module tab.
- Complete the full learning module.
- Complete the posttest and evaluation (click on “proceed to quiz” on final slide of the module). You may be prompted to sign in again.
- Generate and print your certificate(s) upon passing the quiz.