Employees often ask our Ergonomics Department, "What is the most important part of having a good workstation?"
The answer—A fully adjustable chair.
A fully adjustable chair can accommodate a range of people. However, people need to adjust their chairs to suit their bodies. So, adjust yours with these items in mind:
- Height (thighs should be parallel to the floor)
- Seat depth (leave three fingers behind your knees and the chair front)
- Armrest heights (to sitting elbow height)
- Armrest widths
- Support of the lumbar back region
- Make sure your feet are supported by the floor or a footrest.
Two informational videos demonstrate the full range of chair adjustments:
See the diagrams below on how to adjust your work chair to suit you:
Steelcase Criterion Chair
Steelcase LEAP Chair