TEST RESULTS IN AS LITTLE AS 24 HOURS
We perform testing for Mayo Clinic patients and provide reference laboratory services to more than 4,000 hospitals and laboratories in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Brochure: International Services - Arabic
A NOVEL BIOMARKER OF UNSTABLE ATHEROSCLEROTIC CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE
Ceramides are complex lipids that play a central role in cell membrane integrity, cellular stress response, inflammatory signaling, and apoptosis. Synthesis of ceramides from saturated fats and sphingosine occurs in all tissues.
Ceramides accumulate in tissues not suited for lipid storage during conditions of metabolic dysfunction and dyslipidemia. Three specific ceramides have been identified as highly linked to cardiovascular disease: Cer(16:0), Cer(18:0), Cer(24:1).
- Test Catalog: Ceramides, Plasma
- Video: Ceramides, Plasma [A Test in Focus]
- Overview Brochure: Cardiology
Lung Cancer Targeted Gene Panel
- Using targeted next-generation sequencing to identify lung tumors that may respond to targeted therapies by assessing somatic mutations simultaneously within EGFR, BRAF, KRAS, HRAS, NRAS, ALK, ERBB2 and MET and identifying rearrangements (fusions) involving ALK, ROS1, RET, and NTRK1.
- Diagnosis and management of patients with lung cancer.
- Video: Lung Cancer Targeted Gene Panel with Rearrangement [A Test in Focus]
- Related Test: Lung Cancer Targeted Gene Panel, Tumor (detects only somatic mutations)
- Related Test: Lung Cancer Rearrangement Testing, Tumor (detects only rearrangements [fusions])
- Overview Brochure: Oncology
The Cytogenetics Laboratory offers chromosome analysis fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), and chromosomal microarray (CMA) analysis for hematologic disorders and solid tumors.
Chromosome analysis plays a central role in determining the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment monitoring of many malignancies and is available for peripheral blood, bone marrow, lymph nodes, and tumors.
- Brochure: Chromosomal Microarray
The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology provides consultation on diagnostic problems regarding the evaluation, interpretation, or correlation of clinical laboratory data and test methodology. World-renowned pathologists provide a focus of expertise and support.
- Brochure: Solid Tumor Targeted Cancer Gene Panel
- Pathology Overview: Breast
- Pathology Overview: Gastrointestinal
- Pathology Overview: Melanoma
- Pathology Overview: Neuro-Oncology
- Pathology Overview: Sarcoma
TESTING TO YIELD A DEFINITIVE DIAGNOSIS AND OPTIMAL TREATMENT PATH
Our comprehensive test menu has been created to aid in the diagnosis and treatment selection across the full spectrum of neurology disorders. Through our clinical experience, we have developed and validated practice-based, data-driven algorithms that improve patient care, increase efficiency, and reduce costs.
Our Mission in Action
Beyond the Berry Box