The Research Roundup provides an overview of the past week’s research from Mayo Medical Laboratories consultants, including featured abstracts and complete list of published studies and reviews.
Noninvasive Assessment of Renal Fibrosis with Magnetization Transfer MR Imaging: Validation and Evaluation in Murine Renal Artery Stenosis
Mayo Clinic researchers conducted a study to test the utility of magnetization transfer imaging in detecting and monitoring the progression of renal fibrosis in mice with unilateral renal artery stenosis. In the stenotic kidney, the median magnetization transfer ratio showed progressive increases from baseline to 6 weeks after surgery, which were accompanied by a progressive loss in renal volume, perfusion, blood flow, and oxygenation. The 6-week magnetization transfer ratio map showed good correlation with fibrosis measured ex vivo. Based on the results, magnetization transfer imaging was used successfully to measure and longitudinally monitor the progression of renal fibrosis in mice with unilateral renal artery stenosis. The study was published in Radiology.
Published to PubMed This Week
- Transgenic Hepatitis B: A New Model of HBV Infection
- Management of Multifocal Lung Cancer: Results of a Survey
Journal of Thoracic Oncology
- The Prognostic Significance of Polyclonal Bone Marrow Plasma Cells in Patients with Relapsing Multiple Myeloma
American Journal of Hematology
- Trends in Sexual Function After Breast Cancer Surgery
Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Low Cryptococcus Antigen Titers by a Lateral Flow Assay Should Be Interpreted Cautiously in Patients Without a Prior Diagnosis of Cryptococcal Infection
Journal of Clinical Microbiology
- Molecular Epidemiology of Staphylococcus Aureus Bacteremia in a Single Large Minnesota Medical Center in 2015 as Assessed Using MLST, Core Genome MLST and Spa Typing
- Esophagectomy Outcomes in the Endoscopic Mucosal Resection Era
Annals of Thoracic Surgery
- Breast Cysts Rapidly Enlarging with Replacement of Breast Parenchyma and Asymmetry
- Silencing of Type Iγ Phosphatidylinositol Phosphate Kinase Suppresses Ovarian Cancer Cell Proliferation, Migration and Invasion.
- Comprehensive Platelet Phenotypic Laboratory Testing and Bleeding History Scoring for Diagnosis of Suspected Hereditary Platelet Disorders: A Single-Institution Experience
American Journal of Clinical Pathology
- Inpatient Hospitalizations in Women With and Without Assisted Reproductive Technology Live Birth
Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics
- ACL graft metabolic activity assessed by 18 FDG PET-MRI
- Clinical Presentation and Echocardiographic Diagnosis of Postinfarction Papillary Muscle Rupture: A Review of 22 Cases