Due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States (recognized on Thursday, November 23), Mayo Medical Laboratories' (MML's) specimen pickup and delivery schedule will be altered. To ensure that your specimen vitality and turnaround time are not affected, plan ahead and note the following:
- FedEx shipments tendered on Wednesday, November 22, will be delivered on Friday, November 24. Because of moderate outdoor temperatures, we will have MML couriers pick up samples of all temperatures. Couriers have been instructed to pack all frozen coolers tight with dry ice as they will have a two-day trip.
- Delta Airlines will run as regularly scheduled on Wednesday, November 22, and Thursday, November 23, though airports will be congested with holiday travelers.
- PACC-AIR will maintain regular ND, SD, Chicago, and Detroit schedules on Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
- All “New England” MML couriers will ship Wednesday samples on Thursday morning by Delta Airlines.
- Couriers who ship samples to Jacksonville, Florida, will send as usual.
- FedEx and UPS will not make pickups or deliveries on Thursday, November 23.
- Mayo couriers will not make pickups on Thursday, November 23.
- Regular pickup and deliveries will resume Friday, November 24.