The fourth module of the Laboratory Quality Academy (LQA) Program is now available.
The LQA program consists of interactive modules that provide an overview of quality as it applies to a laboratory setting, including a review of the Quality System Essentials (QSEs). This program employs a case-based practical application approach to allow users to implement a quality program in their own laboratory or practice.
Overview of Module 4: Organization, Continual Improvement, and Personnel
This module will explore the elements of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute guidance document: QMS02-A6. This module will use a case study format to explore components within the following QSEs:
- Continual Improvement
After completing this module, participants should be able to:
- Explore the quality-related elements that need to be in place to support daily operations.
- Examine key steps in a continual-improvement project.
- Identify strategies to help employees retain new knowledge.
- Assess strengths and limitations of your organization’s current practices related to the key components outlined above.
- Laboratory directors
- Laboratory management staff
- Individuals interested in quality-management topics
The following types of credit are offered for our Laboratory Quality Academy programs:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Category 1 CME Self-Assessment Credit
- ASCLS P.A.C.E.®
- State of California
- State of Florida
To obtain credit:
- Complete the full learning module.
- Complete the post-test and evaluation (click on “proceed to quiz” on final slide of the module). You may be prompted to sign in.
- Generate and print your certificate(s) upon passing the quiz.
View LQA Modules 1, 2, and 3.